Thursday, May 11, 2006

Themed Thursday: Cars

This week's Themed Thursday is a little bit more open then the previous few. Normally, we only choose songs that have the theme in the title of the song, but this week, we are expanding our horizons. These songs are about driving, but don't necessarily reflect that in the title. So fasten your seatbelts, start your engines, and prepare yourself for this weeks Themed Thursday: Cars. Adrian's Pick: (will be up shortly) Alex's Pick: None More Black - With the Transit Coat on Ok so I've already posted this song, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I was told our theme was cars. With the exception of a drive with Ryan yesterday, this has been the only song I've played in my car for the past 4 days. My brother and sister are starting to get a little pissed about it. Everett's Pick: Ima Robot - Black Jettas I chose this song because my car is a Jetta, and even though the lyrics see Alex Ebert bitching about how all his ex-girlfriends drove black Jettas and how they're so common and blah blah blah, my Jetta is silver so I don't care. And, I mean, it's a pretty sweet song. Austin's Pick: Bitchin' Camaro - The Dead Milkmen The Dead Milkmen are brilliant. I picked Bitchin' Camaro because not only do they make fun of Def Leppard, but they do some great improv rambling for two minutes before the song actually starts. I love it Ryan's Pick: Wilco - I'm a Wheel Enough has been said about Wilco by just about everybody. This song was an obvious pick for me because it actually sounds like you're driving when you listen to it. It's also a great song for the spring (and summer's only a couple weeks away). Zack's Pick: The New Amsterdams - Asleep at the Wheel If you haven't noticed, I really love any indie band that uses banjoes. My good friend Nicole introduced me to this cd, Worse for the Wear, about two years ago, and I've been in love since. This song is short and to the point, and is one of my favorites from Matt Pryor's other band not named Get Up Kids. Until next week. -The All Things Go Team (Austin, Adrian, Ryan, Alex, Everett, Zack)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alex, you little devil 8)

james