Thursday, July 06, 2006

Voicst

Voicst is a band that I was turned on to by Derek through one of the famous "Lizzy Mixes". I hadn't really given them a chance, but after playing their first single, "Whatever You Want From Life" a few times, I really grew to like it. The trio from Amsterdam have a sound very similar to All Things Go favorite Ted leo & the Pharmacists, with upbeat melodies, singalong vocals, and fast guitar riffs. Their album, 11-11, is set for release in the US on August 1st on their own label, Duurtlang Records. I really enjoy the first single (available for download below) and can't wait for the release of the album, which I will review once it is released. Voicst - Whatever You Want From Life [download or die] -Zack

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, absolutely nothing like I was expecting. I like! thank you

& you pronounce Voicst how....Voiced? Voisht? *geek*

Anonymous said...

this song is sooo goood. ive missed you zack

Anonymous said...

Shoot...m4a. Some of us don't use iTunes...