Tuesday, February 07, 2006

David & The Citizens

I don't know much about these guys, other than that the Swedish sextet (sixtet?) has released a ridiculous amount of EPs and such and have been making sweet sweet music since 1999. Lead singer David Fridlund and his merry band of citizens have released 12 EPs, most with only 2 songs, and have been featured in over 20 mixtapes. Their latest, and in my opinion most refined, EP comes out on March 7th, and is really only cleaner versions of their older tracks. The self-titled EP features 6 songs; two new and four old. I was turned on to these guys by a friend of mine who happens to be a constant source of new music, though while I was searching for old D&TC songs to put up here, I found that *sixeyes had already posted on these guys like, 5 times, thus making me feel completely unoriginal (thanks alot blogosphere). Anyways, here are 2 tracks off the album that are completely adorable and quite melodious. "Graycoated Morning" reminds me of that Counting Crows song "Mr. Jones" though the D&TC can be listened to without having to admit that you own Counting Crows albums. Shutup. David & The Citizens - Graycoated Morning [Download or Die] David & The Citizens - The Big Chill Visit their official site here Be D&TC's myspace friend -Zack

No comments: