Sunday, March 26, 2006

Spring Break Sorrow

Ah, the magical time of year when people get to travel to exotic locals, such as Florida (Alex), California (Austin), and Amsterdam/Spain (Zack), while I get to stay home and do absolutely nothing. Being one of the least heard members of ATG, I feel like now's the perfect time to explain why I don't post the same amount that they do. To put it plain and simple, I can't find music that I like nowadays. Yeah, there's some good stuff out there, but most of the music I read and hear about, on this site and others, just doesn't seem to wow me. I get made fun of alot for my near-obsession with The Clash (they're just so damn good!), and people, ie. the members of this site keep asking me why I don't listen to different music. I can't find it! Even with iTunes and blogs like this one, I can't seem to get my hands around anything worth anything. For example, this past week, I was checking around the internet for new releases, trying to find something to write about, and being the isolated music-hermit that I am, thought that I could write about, of all bands, Artic Monkeys. I know. They're the most hyped-up and talked about band this year. But I didn't know that. Needless to say, I feel out of touch with the music trends of today. And that's why I don't post as often. P.S. Sorry that there's no music on this post, I'm trying to figure out how to do it. And expect a review of Artic Monkeys' show at the 930 club this upcoming week. P.P.S. Music suggestions are welcome!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out a band called Kane Hodder. It won't help your spring break blues, but they're pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

i always listen to [acid house kings] when i'm feeling blue!! try them out and see how you feel

p.s. the music is neither acid nor house :)

Anonymous said...

anything by sufjan stevens or the spinto band


p.s. arctic monkeys this weekend is gonna be an amazing concert (i hope)

Anonymous said...

check otu an old band from my hometown...Hey Mercedes

and if you dig the blues....check out John Lee Hooker, pretty sweet

Anonymous said...

david bowie. 'nuff said. i'm also liking this band called The Organ...they sound like the Smiths.yep
-Chloe Faux sho

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way you do about current music. Nothing phenomenal has come from rock that hasn't already been around awhile, though the Arctic Monkeys do make me smile. Keep on searching for something worthy, and of course put it up here, because once you find something I know it will certainly be worthwhile.

Try McLusky (www.mclusky.net) - they're life-saving.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the Cardiacs (www.cardiacs.com)

Anonymous said...

I go to an awesome comercial free radio station found here: http://www.radio-indie-pop.com/radio.php that plays... Dum dum dum! Indie Pop. It also has Indie Rock, Folk Rock, and some other channels if you're interested in their Featured Album, some Ramones, and what not.

I like it because it caters music by the weekday. Feeling kinda lazy on a lazy sunday? Get some lazy music. Want some fast pop music? Press on Friday or Saturday.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the site. LOVE LOVE LOVE This site. So please, I reccomed you take a peek at that radio station. It's truly my music haven for new and interesting music.